Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an owner, developer and operator of sustainable, high-quality real estate assets in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. The Group operates 78 shopping centres in 12 countries, including 45 which carry the iconic Westfield brand. These centres attract over 900 million visits annually and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands to connect with consumers. URW also has a portfolio of high-quality offices, 10 convention and exhibition venues in Paris, and a €3 Bn development pipeline of mainly mixed-use assets. Currently, its €52 Bn portfolio is 87% in retail, 6% in offices, 5% in convention and exhibition venues, and 2% in services (as at December 31, 2022).
URW is a committed partner to major cities on urban regeneration projects, through both mixed-use development and the retrofitting of buildings to industry-leading sustainability standards. These commitments are enhanced by the Group’s Better Places 2030 agenda, which strives to make a positive environmental, social and economic impact on the cities and communities where URW operates.
URW’s stapled shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Paris (Ticker: URW), with a secondary listing in Australia through Chess Depositary Interests. The Group benefits from a BBB+ rating from Standard & Poor’s and from a Baa2 rating from Moody’s.
We are currently looking for a:
ANALYST – OPERATING MANAGEMENT
The Operating/Asset management team is responsible for the long and short term vision, from concept to execution including development and investment with rolling out the URW group strategy in each one of our assets. The team leads a multi-disciplinary asset team (Leasing, Development, Shopping center management, Marketing management, Technical management) and is in charge of running the business operations with a focus on profitability, asset value and sustainability. In the course of its functions, the Operating management team fosters entrepreneurial culture, creativity and initiative taking as core levers for value creation.
As the Operating Analyst for Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) in the Netherlands, you will be working mainly with Westfield Mall of the Netherlands; supporting development and increasing the value of the asset. You can also be involved in other assets and projects. Our assets in the Netherlands are: Westfield Mall of the Netherlands, Stadshart Amstelveen and Stadshart Zoetermeer.
You are accountable and a key player for the 5-year business plan and contribute to put it into practice in close collaboration with the Operating manager in charge and other departments. The role includes coordination of people from different departments, project management opportunities, financial modelling and ad hoc business analytics to support decision making. If you are interested in leadership, teamwork and entrepreneurship to make a true impact on cities and the communities we serve, this job is for you.
The responsibilities are:
- Assist the Operating Manager and contribute to build the asset long and short term strategic vision and to produce the 5-year business plan.
- Assist the Operating Manager in running business operations in coordination with the multi-disciplinary asset team.
- Manage and coordinate projects from concept to planning, budget and execution with all stakeholders.
- Analyze available data and statements as a key support for decision making (e.g. Leasing negotiations, Investment decisions, Development initiatives).
- Actively drive and manage the financial performance of the asset (P&L, Revenues, Opex, Capex).
- Drive and contribute to main business processes (e.g. 5Y Business plan, Rolling Forecast, Asset Valuation)
What we are looking for
- 1-3 years of work experience in real estate, asset management, consulting companies, business development or projects within retail.
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Economy, Finance, Real Estate Management or Engineering.
- Strong analytical, financial and Excel skills.
- Comfortable with teamwork and leading a group of people in various projects and good in commercial negotiations.
- Hands on but can easily switch to a more strategic vision.
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Retail knowledge is a plus.
What we offer
- a challenging position for 40 hours a week;
- competitive salary depending on your experience;
- secondary conditions such as 32 vacation days based on 40 hours a week, target bonus, travel allowance or NS Business Card, pension scheme, group health insurance, lunch compensation, etc.;
- plenty of opportunities to develop yourself;
- a dynamic environment where you travel regularly and meet many people.
What is important to us
The following values bring us together and guide our actions. They are the foundation of who we are today and who we will be tomorrow: BOLDNESS We operate with an ambitious vision – EXCELLENCE We deliver positive and sustainable impact – TEAMWORK We unite diverse talent to succeed – ETHICS We build on trust and transparency – PASSION We love what we achieve together – OWNERSHIP We are action-oriented and accountable.
What is important to us is to welcome personalities that are committed, team player, full of positive energy and ready to grow within an international company. We offer a collaborative, innovative and achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth. We strive for excellence and our culture fosters autonomy, innovation and collective power of our employees. If you are looking for a stimulating and empowering missions, promoting teamwork and challenge on a daily basis, do not hesitate to apply!
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.